Skip to main content

Christmas Serenity

Christmas Serenity
Christmas Season- Quiet Time Serenity

Wonderful Short Story on "Having A Best Friend"

                                 Having A Best Friend

 

A story tells that two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other one in the face.

The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything, wrote in the sand;

“Today my best friend slapped me in the face.”

They kept on walking until they found an oasis, where they decided to take a bath. The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mud and started drowning, but the friend saved him. After he recovered from the near drowning, he wrote on a stone;

“Today my best friend saved my life.”

 The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him;

“After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now, you write on a stone, why?”

The other friend replied;

 “When someone hurts us we should write it down in sand where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it.”

Moral of the story: 

Don’t put value the material things you have in your life.  Let your treasure be the value who you have in your life.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make a "QUOTE" Challenge

As a man it is my wish to positively impact someone's life by certain words or a quote of wisdom that maybe I was known for saying often.  Something to impact a persons thoughts and inspires a healthy habit in their lives each time they think of it.  An example would be something my Uncle told me as I was preparing to go into the Army many years ago. He said: "In the windstorm do not be like a oak tree branch and crack....be like a blade of grass and bend! "  I have never forgot those words.  When life gets stressful we sometimes crack.  Instead... like the blade of grass.... let us bend and bounce back up even though its windy. I am challenging you all.  Kids & Parents to create or write down your favorite quote that you enjoy.  Please share your quote on as a comment on the blog!  Lets see what beautiful wisdom we can be blessed with!  Here is one I created about a year or two ago.  It helps me to work on myself daily and forever!  Give it a try. "Toda